"The Mall" - Releasing in 2014?

hahninator

As you might already know, Linkin Park has been working since at least September 2012 on the soundtrack and score to "The Mall", the first full-length film by Joe Hahn. An August 16, 2013 interview with the band by Yahoo, saying:

"The movie stars Vincent D’Onofrio, Gina Gershon, Peter Stormage, James Frecheville, and Cameron Monaghan, and is based on the Eric Bogosian novel about five unhappy suburbanites who become inextricably entwined one night when Frecheville goes on a shooting spree in a shopping mall.

Hahn has started shooting the film, but there is no scheduled release date. Linkin Park are creating the soundtrack with help from Deadsy drummer Alec Püre. While a few songs will feature Bennington's recognizable vocals, much of the material is instrumental.

"There’s a different mindset going into scoring a movie than making a record because you're trying to capture the scene without having the music distract you from what you’re looking at," Bennington said. "We’re trying to capture the emotional quality of the film, so there's a lack of structure and there aren't very many parts when compared to radio songs. Also, there are different characters in the movie that require different threads of sounds. So there's a lot of cool elements we’re working with.""

Heidi Hahn, Joe's wife, recently posted on Twitter: "So proud of @joehahnlp very first feature film screening at paramount studios." with the following picture from an April 14, 2014 screening of "The Mall": http://instagram.com/p/m07R3BC5hT/

IMDb lists the film as having a July 16, 2014 release date.

Do you think we'll see the movie and soundtrack released this year? Or do you think the band will push it back to 2015 due to The Hunting Party coming out in June?

Yay great the movie's coming out, but who the fuck would want Morphine and Chocolate popcorn?

Btw, Lorenzo tweeted a similar picture. I think everyone was more fascinated with the popcorn than they were the movie.

I wonder if they release double album (The Hunting Party & "The Mall" soundtrack) together? probably a month gap?

Nope I would bet money they won't do that. The Mall soundtrack, while created by LP, isn't an LP studio album technically. It's a film score. There's also no kind of theme to connect the two albums besides the artists, so it would be kind of weird. I guess we'll see, I just don't think it will happen.

Nope I would bet money they won't do that. The Mall soundtrack, while created by LP, isn't an LP studio album technically. It's a film score. There's also no kind of theme to connect the two albums besides the artists, so it would be kind of weird. I guess we'll see, I just don't think it will happen.

I'd say it's possible that they release some kind of deluxe package with the two albums if they are to be released in similar time periods. Like what they did with LT+Recharge and MTM+RTR. But yeah, won't be a double album sort of thing.

I'd say it's possible that they release some kind of deluxe package with the two albums if they are to be released in similar time periods. Like what they did with LT+Recharge and MTM+RTR. But yeah, won't be a double album sort of thing.

Recharged were remixes of LT, and RTR was a performance from the MTM tour cycle. You could be right though, I mean only time will tell

While a few songs will feature Bennington's recognizable vocals, much of the material is instrumental.

The description of the next LPU release was leaked.

Now seriously - in general, when soundtracks and scores mostly released? With the movie or after?

The description of the next LPU release was leaked.

Now seriously - in general, when soundtracks and scores mostly released? With the movie or after?

Typically shortly after the movie's release. But sometimes it can take months or even a year, Doctor Who for example, has a tendency to release its soundtracks long after the new season (series) has aired.