Album Title & 5 New Track Titles

Nameless

A report from a listening session hosted by Mike at MSR Studios in NYC:

I was at a listening session hosted by Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park at MSR Studios over on West 48th Street in NYC.

He played 5 of the 12 songs that will be on The Hunting Party album, now with a TBA release date later this summer. The band is still in the mixing stages on all and final recording stages on the rest. (“Guilty All The Same” is the first single, and dare I say, tamer than what these tunes are like!) The 5 songs, “Keys To The Kingdom,” “The Wastelands,” “Until It’s Gone,” “All For Nothing” (featuring Paige Hamilton of Helmet!) and “Rebellion” (featuring Daron Malakian of System Of A Down) were all still unmixed, but every one sounded great! The band self-produced except for one of the tunes (I think it was “The Wastelands,” which was co-produced by Warner Bros Records president and A&R chief Rob Cavallo.)

I have to say, each song was better than the next, they are all extremely heavy, and as Mike said, some may even sound like prequels to their first album, Hybrid Theory. As I said to Mike, after all the “Rock Is Dead” critics and naysayers out there trying to forecast the death of active rock radio and its music, this album will totally pour cold water all over those notions and prove to the industry is it CLEARLY NOT DEAD! This record has BALLS! And now one of the world’s biggest & most popular bands is making a statement to support the music they love. The guitars are smoking, it was all recorded live to tape. (Well, there still are some electronic elements, but they are certainly only a condiment rather than a meal here.) I can not say enough about how the reaction is going to turn heads and I can not WAIT to hear them do some of these songs live in concert this summer! Mark my words, it will be one of your favorite albums of the year!

Source on harddriveradio.com

Special thanks to Jas at LPTimes for the awesome find!

Edited by Hahninator
no quote tag in newswire

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting more and more excited for this album! I'm surprised Mike did a listening party with unmixed songs, but they must be pretty close to finished.

Nothing in this article sounds bad to me. A prequel to Hybrid Theory seems to be the tagline they're going with and I'm happy with it. Those titles definitely look like titles LP would have come up with.

June cannot come fast enough.

So, the album title is confirmed, and we have five more song names. Awesome! I really can't wait, with Mike saying how heavy this album is, and all the guests that will be featured on it. Can't mid- summer come quicker? :P

Daron Malakian.

Holy fuck.

Yes.

Considering he wrote 99% of SOAD's material, I'm extremely curious on how this will sound. I hope they don't just have him do vocals or a guitar solo, I hope they had let him actually get involved with the song's creation. That guy is a crazy talented songwriter.

Yeah im looking foreword to this album and all but I hope its a one off. Im gonna enjoy this album, but I already feel like I know what its gonna sound like, and there will be no surprises. I dont want all guitars, its boring.

I hope the next one after this is unpredictable like ATS and to a lesser extent, Living things.

Yeah im looking foreword to this album and all but I hope its a one off. Im gonna enjoy this album, but I already feel like I know what its gonna sound like, and there will be no surprises. I dont want all guitars, its boring.

I hope the next one after this is unpredictable like ATS and to a lesser extent, Living things.

Better all guitars than all electronic pop. I doubt it will be neither. Mostly guitars which is better choice IMO. I'm getting sick of electronic music everywhere.

Edited by Jani

Better all guitars than all electronic pop. I doubt it will be neither. Mostly guitars which is better choice IMO. I'm getting sick of electronic music everywhere.

Atleast with electronic you can make so many different sounds. You can with guitar too, but not to the same extent.

BTW, looking over the track names, i went back to look at the screenshot of the song names in the making of GATS video, and i couldnt find ' Until its Gone '. But we knew there was a track called that. So where did that come from ?

Edited by Subs

At least we basically have a confirmed album title now, even though I think Carnivores would have been a better album title. I'm so excited to hear the tracks... this whole ''heavy'' thing has got me keyed up.

Edited by Geki